Tuesday 12 January 2016

Christmas Wreath

And not forgetting the Gluten Free Wreath.

I was so excited to make this, and I had wanted to make 2 batches of cupcakes but someone who shall not be named told me I was making too much food, so I only made the one, but the Pin that I was modelling off used 24 cupcakes, so the proportions weren't quite right, but I still think it looks great.




I used the Wilton 1M piping tip with yummy green frosting and the rose technique, by the time I had frosted them I could see the whole idea coming together.




It was an extremely hot day, so into the fridge this went as I made up the other decorations.


The bow was the most fun to make I found the video here. But I do feel some of the measurements were slightly off because I felt like the bow needed a little more length. I rolled out the fondant slightly thicker than I wanted and then used a embossing roller to roll to the right thickness and to create the pattern. I used my small rolling pins to place inside the bow while it dried so it didn't sage and for the strands I used Plastic dowelling, which I use when stacking my cakes to give a little shape.







I did all the decorations and the piping the day before we needed it and because I didn't want any of the fondant decorations to get soggy I waited till we were about to leave before I placed them on the wreath. Actually came together pretty quick and was really fun to make and I think it looks very effective, but next time definitely 24 cupcakes. This also went very fast, I just hope that the couple of kids who are actually Gluten intolerant actually got a taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment